- Avoid sleeping on your side, or on your stomach, with your face planted into the pillow. Sleeping on your back with your face up helps to prevent wrinkles better than Botox. Dr.Rodan, Cosmetic Dermatologist and co-creator of Proactiv for acne and the Rodan + Fields Premium Skin care products can look at 80% of her patients and she can tell which side they sleep on based on the wrinkle creases on the face. There are pillows that are actually designed to keep your head cradled so you remain on your back.
- Avoid using straws. The puckering formation of lips on the straw can contribute to wrinkles above the upper lip,and below the lower lip. Why do you think smokers get so many wrinkles?
- Exercise for better skin. However, avoid high impact workouts. There is actually such a thing as Runner's Face. The matrix beneath the skin surface breaks down, and it causes sagging skin.
- Eat a heart healthy diet and your skin will reap the benefits as well.
- Sun damage is greatest cause of wrinkles. Regular use of sunscreen is a must.
Here are a few quick and simple tips to prevent facial wrinkles:
My Name is Dr. Andrea Richard. I am Board certified in Family Practice and have been practicing medicine for 28 years. I am CEO of Younger You LLC in Pennsylvania. My website features Rodan + Fields Premium Skin Care Products as well as the R + F business opportunity. I am looking to help people with their common skin care issues as well as build my R + F Team all over the USA, Canada, and Australia. I provide education on common skin conditions and in general on being a healthier you! I provide inspirational support to my Community in weight loss efforts by the Jar Challenger Facebook page. Feel free to leave me a message and follow me and to join my Team!